Monday, November 22, 2010

Magpies in the Poppy Garden

MAGPIES IN THE POPPY GARDEN
2 ft. x 4 ft.
Oil on Board
I have been painting this fun piece for several days now while I worked on other projects. My original idea consisted of painting these wonderful poppies in a garden piece, but as I worked on the garden, suddenly a hand-built bird bath started to appear. I had seen this wonderful bird bath in my wanderings this summer... and now it became part of this painting... a day later, and the magpies walked into the painting.... That is the wonderment of painting! Or at least my paintings. These paintings are truly creations, and they create themselves. I feel I am just there to hold the brush and figure out how to make all these elements work together. This fanciful painting sells for $1,500.00. Send me an e-mail for more information and to leave your shipping address. Wouldn't this make a wonderful painting in a child's room?

Close-ups of some of the flowers and plants:


And of course, a magpie!















No comments:

Post a Comment