Saturday, May 5, 2012

Autumn Trees

Autumn Trees
30 x 30
oil and paper on boxed wood panel

This painting had an interesting creative process from start to finish. I first primed and gesso'd the board, then using matte mediums, added scraps of paper in leopard and floral motifs to sort of form the outlines of trees and bushes. I then picked up my pallet knives and started painting mixing large quantities of paint, and generously swiping them on the board resulting in a thick, textural and loose painting. In the end, almost all the paper and board are covered, but it was fun to see what would happen in this creative process.
This painting is for sale for $850.00. Contact me to figure out the shipping costs, or if you are passing by my studio, you can pick it up right here.

Copyright 2012, by the artist, Susan M. Spohn

No comments:

Post a Comment